Name 3 devout Christians in Hollywood (We are not accepting any names from the cast of Tyler Perry movies). If you struggled to name three people don’t feel bad because you are not alone. There seems to be this unspoken notion floating around that if you tote your Christianity you can’t have success in Hollywood. Maybe that belief stems from the fact that for the most part when we read interviews in magazines with popular actors and actresses such as Halle Berry, Morgan Freedman, Gabrielle Union, and Columbus Short faith rarely comes up as a topic of discussion. With few examples of “practicing” Christians in Hollywood it is easy as a Christian pursuing a career in Hollywood to feel pressured to keep your faith under-wraps. But YBMer DeVon Franklin is reminding us all you don’t have to!
Say it loud! I’m Christian and proud!
Meet DeVon Franklin a 33 year old Bay Area native who is one of the youngest Hollywood executives in the nation. At 33 years old DeVon serves as the VP of Production at Columbia Pictures a division of Sony Entertainment where he has assisted with the production of blockbuster hits such as “The Pursuit of Happiness,” “The Karate Kid,” and “Hancock.” Devon’s success is a testament to how you can keep your faith and be successful in Hollywood.
5 Must See Links With More on DeVon Franklin:
- Franklin’s new book “Produced by Faith”. It teaches readers how to be successful without loosing yourself or compromising your faith.
- In an interview with I Am Entertainment Magazine Franklin talks about how to stay in tune with why you are pursuing what you are pursuing. You don’t want to miss his interview
- Jumping the Broom is Franklin’s most recent production project if you haven’t seen the movie yet you can check out the trailer for more details.
- He is on Twitter (@devon_franklin) and FB (facebook.com/producedbyfaith)
- Lastly, here is a short video DeVon made about himself and his work enjoy!